Parents.com has a plethora of ideas concerning summer activities and food for your kids. So I am going to start with their Top 10 list.
- Swing in a hammock with your child.
- Do yard work together.
- Play dress up with them.
- Build a secret fort with sheets.
- Hold a car wash.
- Go on a bug safari.
- Befriend a firefighter.
- Chalk it up.
- Make beautiful music.
- Dance in the rain.
- Build a tent with sheets and chairs in your house, on a rainy day, like The Tent Maker mom.
- Get the sprinkler out and hold a bike wash.
- Lay on a blanket under the stars and count them.
- Go fishing.
- Have your kids write or make up a story and then turn it into a play for them to perform.
- Go to your local library.
- Plant a small container garden.
- Write letters to soldiers over seas.
- Visit an elderly home.
- Cook with your kids.
Have a blessed and safe summer!